Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 32

I believe I had just been introduced to iTunes as I created this mix but I had not yet went crazy on it. This is a weak one with exception to a few songs like Oasis' "Whatever" and Muse' "Stockholm Syndrome"

enjoy


1. Why Do You Love me? by Garbage
Goodbye Garbage, this is the last thing worth while the band did, maybe if Shirly just hated herself a little more . . .
2. Never Enough by The Cure
One of my favorite Cure songs, is this on a non greatest hits album?
3. Toxic by Britney Spears
Hello Britney and goodbye. This song came out when a lot of music sudenly had middle eastern strings thrown in the mix
4. Milkshake by Kelis
How is this song supposed to make me feel?
5. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

Haight/Ashbury at it's apex! Also a side note this song was in the movie Platoon
6. Stockholm Syndrome by Muse
A great song that was never on the radio; I discovered it on a juke box in a bar
7. Next To You by The Police
They have nothing like this energy anymore
8. Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand

Are they Scottish? Are they gay? These are the things I here about them.
9. The Metro by Berlin
Somber 80s pop with synthesizers all over it. It doesn't make me love riding the subway but it does romanticize it.
10.Sexy Boy by Air

Trippy 90s synthesizer pop
11.I, Zombie by White Zombie
You can not deny The White Zombie! It doesn't bet much more badass than this!
12.Breakin' by The Music
Meh
13.Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant
This is one of the first videos I'd ever seen; it was so cool to me when I was 9 years old. I think Axl Rose still his outfit for one of those piano videos
14.Triple Trouble by The Beastie Boys

Man, this group sucked at this point
15.Birdbrain by Buffalo Tom
Boston Rocks!!! But alas Buffalo Tom is no more . . . tough they got kinda' lame towards the end
16.Church Of The Poison Mind by Culture Club
Is this my favorite Culture Club song? I think so, very Motown
17.Whatever by Oasis

One of the best non album songs ever released
18.Louis XVI by Louis XIV
Not one of their best songs but it's passable as background noise
19.Crazy Beat by Blur
Blur's last studio album before Damon Albarn
20.Honky Tonk Women by The Rolling Stones
This song is all about the cowbell
21.Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire
Let's welcome Arcade Fire to the mixes! They big sweeping songs, don't they? It seems this band is also quite polarizing which is weird to me

2 comments:

  1. Stockholm Syndrome got very little airplay. I heard it once on the radio and was probably the only time they played it. just that one time!

    ReplyDelete