Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 34

With the exception of a couple songs I really enjoy this mix as there were enough current songs mixed with the classic and obscure. enjoy

1. Ch-Check it Out by Beastie Boys
Big Beginning, high energy and well known; it's a good way to start even if I'm not a fan of the song.
2. Authority Song by John Mellencamp
Back when he was a Cougar back when he wrote pop songs
3. American Idiot by green Day
This made the group explode all over again and far less annoying to parents
4. Ride by The Vines
mediocre pseudo punk from Australia
5. Photograph by Def Leppard
In 1983 this song was gigantor! The band scared me though.
6. Fall To Pieces by Velvet Revolver
The last great power ballad 20 years late. Actually this song grows on me more and more.
7. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
Does it get and more huge than this? Does it get any more classic than this? Not at this point but this was entered here between it just being a great song and the Sopranos and Monster. It sounds different now that I almost connect it to those two things.
8. C'mon C'mon by The Von Bondies
Jack White beat the crap out of the singer for talking shit about Meg White; it worked wonders for the Von Bondies. In the rap world it's the equivalent of 50 Cent getting shot; it changed everything. Now you can hear this song on the show Rescue Me.
9. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow
Not to be confused with MC Pee Pants' Aqua Teen Hunger Force classic, I want candy was a tune that I loved when it came out and even though I was nine years old I knew it wasn't about lollipops. You know the singer was 13 when this song hit?
10. Filthy/Gorgeous by Scissor Sisters
Liking this song doesn't make you gay
11.Move Your Feet by Junior Senior
Little straight guy, big gay guy; that's all I know about this band
12.A Girl Like You by Edwin Collins
A great one hit wonder from the 90s! It has that 80s one hit wonder vibe to it; I can't explain any better. I guess I knew Id never hear from Edwin Collins again.
13.Tattooed Love Boys by The Pretenders
The pretenders doing there thing.
14.Tipsy by J-Kwon
Prerequisite party song
15.New Song by Howard Jones
This song instantly transports me back to 1984 whe I thought rock stars all lived life like they did in their videos.
16.Hombre by M.I.A.
Future voice of 2008
17.Look What You've Done by Jet
All filler no thriller
18.Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth With Money in My Hand by Primitive Radio Gods
I feel the same way about this song as I do about the Edwin Collins song
19.I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance
I didn't care much for this one when I first heard it, in fact I thought it was garbage but something happened, maybe it was the video that changed my mind. MCR are not punk which makes them a great pop band.
20.A Message to You Rudy by The Specials
Old School ska used for a diaper commercial, somebody's youth was sold out that day.
21.Texas by The 360's

The 360's

A song about the JFK assassination by a band from Boston.
22.Waiting On A Friend by The Rolling Stones
More classic rock that could be perceived as a song about loitering around to get a fix. I don't think Keith Richards was sober in the video.

1 comment: