Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 33

This one is okay but not great or maybe it's awesome, who knows? Good moments, Make It Clap transitioning into Illegal Tender as it starts with clapping . . . so clever. When I did this mix I was obsessed with Evil by Interpol; it was the only song I was listening to all the time; I think I wore it out.

1. Beware by Rockcity Mourge
Good 70s rock from a 00s band
2. Cold Hard Bitch by JET
I hate this song, I've never liked this song so think of this as filler unless you like this song then I guess you're psyched.
3. Tumbling Dice by The Rolling Stones
I didn't like this song until 2006 and then I loved it, maybe I finally got it, maybe I associate it with something awesome . . . I'm not sure.
4. Little Sister by Queens Of The Stone Age
I think this band is okay but I don't know why, I think this song is from Palm Springs
5. My Mother The War by 10,000 Maniacs
Before the hits and before your mom liked them . . .grandmother maybe?
6. Evil by Interpol
Suddenly Interpol was the best band ever, well not really but I couldn't get enough of this song; I wish I saw them live
7. Make It Clap by Busta Rhymes
IS this song about venereal disease?
8. Illegal Tender by Louis XIV
For those who love hand clapping
9. The Way You Move by Big Boi
This was the other song from Oukast's last album
10.In Da Club by 50 Cent
There's something irresistible about this tune; I can't place it. Maybe I associate it with something awesome.

Flock of Seagulls


11.I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls
This is New Wave. If anybody asks play them this song
12.Fox On The Run by Sweet
Glam Rock from the 70s; I wish I was a teenager when this song was a hit. I think it would have been awesome.
13.Rock of Ages by Def Leppard
A very famous beginning. Sometimes I live this rocker and other times it makes me feel dumb.
14.Sucker Train Blues by Velvet Revolver
Continuing with the rock, lets listen to this Super group's offering
15.Breaking The Law (live) by Judas Priest
Let's break the law! This song rings true for those feeling the economic crunch
16.Club Foot by Kasabian
This is a song that I don't like but like all at once, why not?
17.Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies
This is a teenage anthem! Satisfaction, Fight For your Right To Party, My generation . . . all for the meek. It's punk but different. I believe they were all in the crypts which made it illegal for them to play live in Los Angeles for a while.
18.Hypersonic by Jane's Addiction
It's just not the same as used to be . . . so sad.
19.Come Away With Me by Nora Jones
She sings this song so sultry that I totally want to go away with her and that's why she won the Grammy.
20.Galvanize by The Chemical Brothers
"My finger is on the button" This song is huge in sound and gives me chills sometimes
21.Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2
From the Batman and Robin movie; this was the best thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment