Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weekly Mix #78

Some of these mixes are better than I thought they were. There are even huge world wide hits on this one!




1. Welcome to the Boomtown by David & David
One hit wonders, sort of. They were both producers in L.A. who followed their in front of the microphone dreams



2. Red Paint by Matt & Kim
Not as good or catchy as Daylight. Brooklyn hipsters, the dream is over.
3.Girl Panic! by Duran Duran
They are back and better than have been since the Reflex! The All You Need Is Now album was produced by Mark Ronson who basically told them  forget everything they'd done the past 15 years and forget all music done in the past 15 years. Solid Gold man!
4.Lies by Thompson Twins
When's this reunion going to happen?



5.Bang, Bang, Bang by Mark Ronson & The Business Intl.
Let's all dance like it's the 80s that never happened.
6. Sleazy by Ke$ha
Sometimes pop is stupid I can't ignore it and I feel ashamed for it. Case in point, this song.
7. She Bop by Cindy Lauper
If you didn't know this song was about girl's playing five on one, you do now. This might be Ms. Lauper's sleaziest song.
8. Nobody's Fault by Aerosmith
Now we will rock! From the Rocks album that indeed rocks it's so damned good that it is right there Toys In The Attic.
9. Take This Waltz by Leonard Cohen
Back down a notch or two or three. Cohen is a strange artist who I can never really get into but can't quite cast off.
10.Too Hurt To Dance by Duffy
The littlest English pop star mopes for us.
11.(Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
Our deceased friend gets retro and gives us some good music.
12.Dogs of Lust by The The
Some people love this band/this guy but I just think they're alright. This song from 15 years back is the last song I can recall from The The.
13.I Wanna Be Your Man by The Beatles
Let's all give it up now for Ringo! Singing an drumming Don Henly would never be the same.
14.Move It On Over by Hank Williams
It may sound like a song about dogs but it's not; it's not.



15.Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream) by Roy Orbison
Continuing out trip into old time rock n' roll we listen to one of Roy's lovely tunes that shows what a great voice he had.
16.Louder Than Ever by Cold War Kids
Back to the now! The two songs I know by theses Long Beach guys are pretty good but they don't seem to really go for it.
17.Vampire Money by My Chemical Romance
The band that people get on my back for liking. I don't know, at least they play instruments and the singer can sing.
18.Infinity Guitars by Sleigh Bells
A lot of bands sound like this but this song does blow up so I like it. Fuzzy guitars and chick singer.
19.Finding Something to Do by hellogoodbye
So catchy you'll hate your self
20.Just Friends by Amy Winehouse
Amy and her band got a little ska going on this number. It's not the same since her passing but I din't know that at the time.
21.Only Girl (In the World) by Rihanna
I sound horrible for saying this but when she sings this song it puts her scuffle with Chris Brown in a different light. Crazy!
22.Suspicious Minds by Elvis Peresley
This is the light I'm talking about

1 comment: