Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weekly Mix #80

I don't know how I feel about this mix. There's a lot of stuff on here that may be forgotten in the near future. I'm partial to great music butu when nobody cares about it . . .
Anyway go listen to these songs and enjoy the exploration of new music!




1. Ezekiel 25-17 film dialogue from Pulp Fiction
Sam Jackson at his best. When I used to make mixes on cassette it was a lot easier to copy film dialogue but I'm not invested enough anymore to do that sort of thing digitally.
2. Highway To Hell by AC/DC
It's definitely one of AC/DC's best songs and the premise is classic rock stuff. They Say when Bon Scott died he was getting his in order but when you choke on your own vomit in your car in front of your house it seems a bit unlikely.

RIP Bon Scott

3. Crackerman by Stone Temple Pilots
Here's a song I never really listened to until 2010; I just ignored it. From STP's debut, Core it kicks a little ass.
4. Standing Still by Eat Sugar
This is a great little rock/pop song by a band that I don't think I'll ever hear of again, I loves those drums!
5. Second Chance by Peter, Bjorn and John
I'm so glad this band came out with more than one good new song.
6. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before by The Smiths
 One of the greatest 80s bands to never make it big in the states. Too good I guess.
7. Blood by The Dears
One of the best modern Canadian bands to never get anywhere in the states
8. Post Break-Up Sex by The Vaccines
Great band name and almost a great song but to sort of tries too hard to sound like something besides a good pop song.
9. I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown
The hardest working man in show business, the godfather of soul! Refusing this song is like refusing incredible awesome stuff.

RIP Mr. Brown

10.Come On Get It by Lenny Kravitz
Promises and teases, that's what Lenny's career in music has turned into. This isn't so bad as it almost delivers awesome.
11.Born To Lose by Motörhead
Born to lose, live to win. That's Lemmy's tattoo.
12.Sheena Is a Punk Rocker by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Evergetic and more poppy than the original Ramones version but still good.
13.Man of Misery by Beady Eye
Liam Gallagher's new band? Goodbye Oasis until 2020 when they reunite.
14.Garbage Truck by Sex Bob-Omb
This one sounds like the previous song, don't it? I don't know which I like better
15.Intro (Dream Sequence) by Alice In Chains
It's loud, short and scary, not really a song.
16.Family Man by Hall and Oates
Hookers were very prevalent on their H2O album ie. Man Eater
17.Before the Rain bu Duran Duran
Don't Hold back the Rain, that was an old song and this is a new song, just as good too.
18.My Kinda Lover by Billy Squier
Before he decided to do weird Flashdance moves in his videos, Mr. Squier had some really good rock/pop songs like this one.


19.Buick MacKane (Big Dumb Sex) by Guns N' Roses
Some people hate The Spaghetti Incident but not me. This is a mix of a Soundgarden song and a Nazareth song and it works.
20.Lost In Hollywood by System of a Down
"All maggots smoking fags on Santa Monica Boulevard" this is a chilly distopian view of Hollywood show business. Angry, angry song.
21.You Showed Me by The Watson Twins
Haunting vocals and stark, lovely.
22.Blood by My Chemical Romance
I have a friend who heard this song and thought this was what the band sounded like, he was not pleased when he heard more of their music. This is indeed a funny little show tune but it's a joke and more of a fun sing along for their concerts than anything else.
23.Get Some by Lykke Li
I heard this song played on the radio once, once. That's too bad, it's a good song.
24.Woo Hoo by The 5.6.7.8's
Japanese retro music made famous in Kill Bill and Vonage adds
25.Loser by Beck
It took this long to get on a mix and I don't know why.


1 comment: