Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weekly Mix #77

This is a good one so listen up. 25 songs! Wowzah! Some of the bands are very similar to the ones from the last mix but that's because some of the bands released some good records. 2010 seems to be a better year for music now. Weird, I wonder if I'll think the same thing about 2011 which has been shite for the most part.

1. Howlin' for You by The Black Keys
I think this is my favorite Black Keys song; it's got a good groove with some blues.
2. Heart In A Cage by The Strokes
It's a good one. Not the New York band's best but it still goes the distance.
3. Haunting at 1300 McKinley by The Black Angels
Kind of spooky with good guitars and echoing vocals; it's what the band does best in their 1960s sound quest.
4. People Are Strange by The Doors
Speaking of the 1960s here's the real deal. Morrison delivers some of his coolest lyrics in this little ditty.
5. Summertime by Sex Bob-Omb
More pseudo garage rock from Scott Pilgrim and Beck
6. E nessuno si fara'delmale by Calibro
Instrumentals can be cool but barely get this funky

7. She Said Yeah by The Rolling Stones
Little rock songs that click like this are rare.
8. Caress by The Brian Jonestown Masacre
Some bands want to be the stones real bad
9. Endlessly by Duffy
Some people need the 1960s to have a career even though they weren't born until the 1980s

10.It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones
People are still trying to copy this sound today. Can you beat the real sex bomb?
11.Bring On The Dancing Horses by Echo & The Bunnymen
12.Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
Too sad, too much, too much. This song would be aweosme if I was a 12 year old girl.
13.Agents of Love by Wolf Parade
I don't know too much about these guys but the couple songs I know I like
14.Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
This one rocks so loud and goes out to my friend Jason wherever he is!
15.Don't Ask by Blood Red Shoes
Agressive indie rock. Good vocal and sound, right on! But then I saw their picture and I got kinda' unsure.

16.Don't Forget About Me by John Mellencamp
More awesome roots rock by the Indiana boy
17.Freeze to Me Mama by Koerner, Ray and Glover
This is a song I was introduced to by Pandora, thank you for this little country, folk, blue grass number; it's cool.
18.That's Some Dream by Good Old War
It's sung happily but it isn't really that chipper.
19.Paris 2004 by Peter, Bjorn and John
I was in Paris in 2004; I did not share the same experience.
20.Flowers On The Wall by The Statler brothers
You may recognize this number from Pulp Fiction
21.Sheena Is A Punk Rocker by The Ramones
This is the best Ramones song and if you disagree you can go to hell
22.We Don't Need Another Song About California by My Chemical Romance
Actually we do need another song about California.
23.Life In The Fast Lane by The Eagles
Here's a band from California if not the  band from California. Every day, all the time. I am not the first nor shall I be the last to fall under the spell of Hotel California.

24.Boyfriend by Best Coast
This band grows on me every time I listen to them . . . they're from California
25.My Sweet Lord by George Harrison
This song makes me emotional, sot of makes me feel loved in some weird spiritual way I can't explain well.

1 comment:

  1. i had no idea you liked the jar of hearts song.

    ReplyDelete