Thursday, March 4, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 4

This weeks mix has a some moments that are directly stolen form a mix tape I made in the late 80s, see if you can figure out which part. I really like those 3 songs together.



1. Stacked Actors by Foo Fighters
A good hate song is great, especially when it's about Courtney Love
2. Ocean Size by Jane's Addiction
This was really my first introduction to Jane's Addiction and I loved them, I thought they were amazing and they scared me. Weird, sexy and kick ass!


3. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
Some people say this was the last good album Radiohead ever did and some people say this was the end to their beginning. I don't know, they have got boring.
4. Where is My Mind by Pixies
Some bands were bigger than they were, The Pixies is one of them. They influenced everybody but never got much bigger than the Alternative music scene at the time would let them. This song is great, trippy and and real cool.
5. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
Yes, this is one of the greatest rock songs of all time and if you can't accept that than you are just fool. It's tough sounding but sweet, the lyrics are nice but Axl's voice was so perfect in the late 80s there was nothing anybody could do about it.
6. The One I love by R.E.M.
I kinda' liked R.E.M. up until this point but when I heard this song I went nuts for them
7. Desire by U2
They took a riff from Bo Diddly and got very American
8. Then by The Charletons UK
I wasn't a big fan of these Manchester guys but suddenly they got into my veins and I really started to dig the whole scene. rock organ with a dance beat and undeniably English vocals. Yes they sound a lot like The Stone Roses but I'm okay with that.


9. Jean Genie by David Bowie
"New York's a go-go and everything tastes nice" Such groovy song.
10.Fast As You Can by Fiona Apple
Fiona isn't as creepy on this song as she was on Criminal but she's just as insane. This is a little bit of a hyper song for her and I like it.
11.Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkle
Feel good song, sort of.
12.Posthuman by Marilyn Manson
Wicked sounding rock for the future which Marilyn brought to us here.


13.March Of The Pigs by Nine Inch Nails
Crazy anger from Trent and his band. This was the first single from his huge Downward Spiral album and recorded where Sharon Tate was murdered Charles Manson's minions
14.Still The Same by Bob Seger
 Man, this song is a good song to relax and think about, especially after you rock out to Hollywood Nights.
15.Orgasm Addict by The Buzzcocks
Great band that deserved more credit than they ever got. You can here where all power pop punk bands got there influence. 


16.My Favorite Game by Cardigans
This one sounded so different from  their previous stuff and had a video not played on Mtv because it was too destructive. Nia Pierson and the boys did good with this one.


17.Sexx Laws by Beck
I thought that this would be it for beck but he did make some good tunes after this one as he entered the 21st century.
18.Private Idaho by The B-52's
Classically weird rock from Athens Georgia
19.This is Your Life by The Dust Brothers
You are not your Fucking khakis!

1 comment:

  1. late 80s? i thought "my favorite game" was from the mid 90s?
    #15, 16, and 17.

    ReplyDelete