Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dead Stars: Corey Haim

Corey Haim is dead and so do the fantasies of millions of middle aged housewives trying to hang on to their youth. Mr. never meant more to me than that guy who all the girls liked instead of me, some Hollywood pretty boy that my junior high coed classmates thought was an attainable goal while I sulked in the hallway wondering if I should frost my hair. Because of that I was darkly apreciative to see his career go down the tubes and find out he was addicted to . . . I don't know, heroin?
Corey gave us one half of the Corey team along with fellow freak Corey Feldman. To be a sport I will say that Corey Haim was in, "The Lost Boys" which was a high point in vampires as homosexuals metaphor.

I actually saw him in person once at a comic book convention; he looked like somebody wearing burlap after they'd been wearing silk. He looked like an old boy, not a man.


RIP Corey Haim

1 comment:

  1. fortunately, i never had problems gettin' the guys back in junior high.

    ReplyDelete