Saturday, September 26, 2009

Top 5: Crazy Chick Songs

Everybody knows a crazy chick and many people have unfortunately had to see the crazy up close, here are a few of their best anthems.


Here's my Top 5 Crazy Chick Songs


Leslie Gore: It’s My Party
Granted she has every right to be upset and every right to cry her boyfriend is a douche bag but let’s be realistic about this; she should have just sent everybody home. She makes everything sound cute but if you’ve ever been to a party where there’s a crying girl you know it’s no treat and if it is her house it’s even worse for there. Even though there is no consolation everybody better try or run far away.
“It's my party and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you”


Fiona Apple: Criminal
Yes, I could pick any song from her repertoire but I’m taking this one because it’s pretty over the top.
“I’ve got to make a play
To make my lover stay
So, what would an angel say?
cause the devil wants to know”
Good job proving teenage girls deserve to be kept in the fires of hell until they’re about 24.




Garbage: Vow
Ladies and gentleman: Shirley Manson. She may seem like the cool chick at the party maybe even one of the boys but it’s apart of her greater wackiness
“I came to cut you up
I came to knock you down
I came around to tear your little world apart
I cam to shut you up
I came to drag you down
I came around to tear your little world apart
And break your soul apart"

You burn and burn to get under my skin
You’ve gone too far now I wont give in
You crucified me but I’m back in your bed
Like Jesus Christ coming from the dead”




Hole: Doll Parts
Yes, here’s an obvious choice but then again some crazy is loud and proud. Even if Ms. Love’s late husband wrote the song it still doesn’t change the fact that Courtney is loco!
“I love him so much it just turns to hate
I fake it so real, I am beyond fake
And someday, you will ache like I ache
Someday, you will ache like I ache”




Kate Bush: Running Up That Hill
Some how I never really understood these lyrics until the past year and at that moment I shuddered. Maybe I’m naïve but I don’t think this thought process is healthy.
“You don’t want to hurt me,
But see how deep the bullet lies.
Unaware I’m tearing you asunder.
Ooh, there is thunder in our hearts.

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don’t we?
You, it’s you and me.
Its you and me won’t be unhappy.”



Honorable Mention goes to Peaches for F@#* The Pain Away but the lyrics really aren’t that crazy, just random.

1 comment:

  1. abnormal thoughts & behavior. again, right on!!!

    ReplyDelete