Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My First Mix Tape


I recalled today as I walked around and listened to my little iPod shuffle the point in my life I would like every other kid make mix tapes. some were iffy while others are classics of the genre. yes, classics because friends used to ask me to make them mixes after hearing mine . . . I should have been a DJ, right?
Anyway, after much digging I found my first mix tape that I created on August 1st 1987 just a month before I started High School and less than 6 months before I discovered Gins n' Roses



Here is the track list:
SIDE A
1 What you Need, INXS
2 Message In a Bottle, The Police
3 If This Is It, Huey Lewis and The News
4 Walk of Life, Dire Straits
5 Best of Both Worlds, Van Halen
6 Sledgehammer, Peter Gabriel
7 Can't Stop Rockin', ZZ Top
8 The Ocean, Led Zeppelin
9 Take My Breath Away, Berlin
10 To Be A Lover, Billy Idol
11 Keeping The Faith, Billy Joel



SIDE B
1 Last Child, Aerosmith
2 Twistin' The Night Away, Sam Cooke
3 Some Like It Hot, Power Station
4 New Religion, Duran Duran
5 Mighty Wings, Cheap Trick
6 In Your Eyes, Peter Gabriel
7 Rock and Roll, Led Zeppelin
8 If I Could Only Flag her Down, ZZ Top
9 Every Breath You Take, The Police
10 Sweet Sixteen, Billy Idol
11 Get Up, van Halen


So I'll let you be the judge on whether or not this mix was any good. There are a couple songs here that I still listen to but most of them are pieces that I'd leave off of any list at this point in my music listening life. I think I still have about 20 or so of these tapes in a nice carrying case from years ago; where was I bringing these tapes?
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to say 98% of these songs you have on your mix tape are the same songs I had on my awesome 90 minute TDK cassette tape. Suddenly, everyone is riminescing about cassette tapes. How unusual is that?

    ReplyDelete