Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inductees tease

September 23 2009
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation Announces Nominees for 2010 Induction

The nominations for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum were announced today. The twelve nominees are: ABBA, Darlene Love, Donna Summer, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, KISS, Laura Nyro, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Chantels, The Hollies and The Stooges. Ballots will be sent to more than 500 voters, who will select artists to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the 25th Annual Induction Ceremony on March 15, 2010 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.

Five of the twelve nominees will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. To be eligible for nomination into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an act must have released its first single or album at least 25 years prior to the year of nomination. This year’s nominees had to release their first single no later than 1984.

The inductees will be announced in January 2010, and all inductees are ultimately represented in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.


My Thoughts . . .
ABBA
This is not Rock, this is Scandinavian disco pop
My Vote: NO

Darlene Love
She's had a long career of stuff I'm not too sure makes her a Hall of Famer
My Vote: NO

Donna Summer
even "Hot Stuff" her best song isn't really rock is it? I like some of her work quite a bit but She is really a disco diva
My Vote: NO

Genesis: They have committed too many 80s crimes and even though their body of work is expansive I can only think of one or two that don't make me turn off the radio
My Vote: NO

Jimmy Cliff: He's the Man and should have been inducted a while back but then again tings can't be easy for a reggae man.


My Vote: YES

KISS: This band deserves their own museum, just ask them. With so many big Rock songs and capturing the awesome cartoonishness and power that is Rock how are they not inducted already?


My Vote: YES

Laura Nyro: I can't vote for somebody I never heard of
My Vote: NO

LL Cool J: Ladies Love him and so do I. He's another case of cartoonish behavior.


My Vote: Yes

Red Hot Chili Peppers: A good band gone bland but they do have staying power.


My Vote: Yes

The Chantels: I'm sure they meant the world to somebody but not to me
My Vote: NO

The Hollies: "Bus Stop"was a great song and they are the original Manchester band but I just don't know about their HOF worthiness.
My Vote: NO

The Stooges: This is rock n' roll, this is the beginnings of punk; this is Iggy Pop at his most self destructive, this is "Search and destroy"!


MY Vote: Yes

I still don't know why rock n' roll wants to be reputable. A museum is cool but a Hall of Fame just seems pointless; why do I let them get me to participate? I am a sucker! Museums:good
Voting: Bad

1 comment: