Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baseball Stuff

I guess I'm a pitching fan more than a hitting fan; it could be because I'm pretty sure all the hitters are juiced accept Ichiro (9 200 hit seasons in a row . . . Amazing!)
So with that said my current favorite pitcher still active is Tim Lincecum
So he doesn't win too much but that's because nobody does anymore, Pitchers usually aren't around in the 8th inning anymore so it appears that win totals for starters have gone down some. I recall when I was growing up that there used to be about 3 or 4 guys a year who had 20 victories and one of those guys would have 24 or 25 wins and that was a lot but I guess not in comparison to the guys who were winning 30 or more games way back in the day.
Anyway "The Freak" as they call Mr. Lincecum has a great wind up, he strikes everybody out, he's thin and he has goofy hair and tattoos which combined with the fact that some say he looks like the lead singer of 70s, 80s new wave/rock band The Cars,Rick Ocasek (below)makes him pretty damn cool in my book . . . err blog. In some ways he's like a slightly taller and much paler version of Pedro Martinez. I hope the guy can last in the bigs and continue to pitch like he has the past two years and because I'm old fashioned I think it would be great if always pitched for the San Francisco Giants
I have to wonder if Tim's mom was a Cars fan . . .

1 comment: