Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekly Mix #82

There's some new music worth listening to on this mix as well as some older gems that I needed to have on here for whatever reason was so crucial at that time. This almost seems like a party mix with a couple exceptions
go and find these songs and listen to 'em


1. I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses
Some songs should have been used already like this one. I love it to death in all of it's Madchesterness!


2. So Far by Buckcherry
This is actually the same type of song as above but it sounds nothing like it. These sleazy Hollywood boys were supposed to bring back the glory days of the Sunset Strip but it just never happened.
3. White Limo by Foo Fighters
Welcome back boys! going on and going strong.


4.Make Some Noise by Beastie Boys
Still funky after all these years! This is the best song they've released in over a decade and one of the best songs of the year. the video is funny too.
5.Blow by Ke$ha
This is a party jam and it is dumb but what can you do.
6.Hold Back the Rain by Duran Duran
So funky, so English. I love the classic Duran Duran a little too much


7. Yeah Yeah Yeah by The Sounds
I love their keyboard sound and their Blondie look


8. Lies of the Beautiful People by Sixx A.M.
Nicky Sixx' other band
9. Beatles and Stones by Beady Eye
Not the song by the House of Love
10.Dance The Night Away by Van Halen
I don't usually think about dancing when I think of Van Halen
11.Degeneration Street by The Dears
I have no clue if this is parallel or crosses Fascination Street or Desolation Boulevard.


12.Needle In The Hay by Elliott Smith
and then he killed himself
12.For 12 by Other Lives
This s dream rock . . . I think.
13.Poison Ivy by Faster Pussycat
Sucky Glam Rock but I get into it
14.The Boy looked at Johnny by The Libertines
Back when this band was the buzz, back when people though they mattered


15.Tomorrow Has To Wait by Peter Bjorn and John
Love these guys, beards and all.
16.You're So Right by The Strokes
Another song from their 2011 album
17.Be Your Bro by Those Darlins
This is just a funny song about wanting to be friends with a boy


18.Tiny Dancer by Elton John
This is a very famous song! Not just Almost Famous
19.Rave On by Buddy Holly
I think this is my favorite song by him
20.Going Out In Style by Dropkick Murphys
In love with Boston? Well, here's the band for you!

1 comment: