Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 27

I think I had recently purchased a Hip-Hop compilation which busted out like crazy on my speakers and influenced my mixes.

1. Helter Skelter by The Beatles
"I've got blisters on my finger!" You know what I'm talking about.
2. By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers
This is the last good song the band ever recorded
3. It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
When I first heard this song it was ON! I thought it was freaky and super damn cool! It catches your attention with those gasps and shouts; it was too cool to possibly be a huge hit but there it was, awesome.
4. So What'cha Want by The Beastie Boys
This is the first Beastie Boys song I ever liked, everything before it was annoying. Later I grew to appreciate Paul's Boutique
5. Pennyroyal Tea by Nirvana
From the album In Utero which was supposed to sound horrible but really just sounded like the next level of grunge.
6. Get Free by The Vines
I couldn't name another of this band's songs
7. Far Gone And Out by The Jesus & Mary Chain
The pop side of the Scottish duo
8. Pop Song 89 by R.E.M.
This song was on, Green which came out in 88
9. Funkytown by LIpps Inc
Oh, won't you take me down to Funkytown? If there was such a place I have to wonder how much the rent is there; it's gotta' be outrageous!
10.Keep Fishin' by Weezer
Power pop, baby!
11.These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by K.M.F.D.M.
Nancy Sinatra did a version of this song in German which might be why a German industrial band covered it.
12.Young Lust by Aerosmith
The fact that Steven Tyler keeps it in his sneaker makes all the difference.
13.Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy
If you thought you were cool in 1997 this song was rad!
14.Girls On Film by Duran Duran
Duran Duran makes me wish I was a 13 year old girl in 1982
15.Pet Eunuch by Clinic
Showing their less trippy, organ side and rocking out while wearing surgical masks.16.For nancy by Pete Yorn
This song wasn't written for Wynona Ryder but it might as well have
17.There  Is an End by The Greenhornes & Holly Golightly
Retro sound for the cocktail set
18.Jump Around by House Of Pain
White rap! The band should have been from Boston but weren't.
19.A Little Less Conversation by Elvis Presley
The King may be dead but his songs will kept popping in places like Oceans 11
20.Up The Bracket by The Libertines
Heralded as the English version of The Strokes, they were much sloppier but somehow as exciting.
21 Love Spreads by the Stone Roses
From the much maligned Second Coming Album; it's a departure form the sparse danceable Stone Roses of the first album and filled with bass and rock guitar
22.Who's Gonna' Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix) by U2
This isn't eh album version, it's a more stripped down version makes the song much more ballsy and heartfelt. They took out all the reverb and synth and replaced it with cello and piano.




Clinic: the band





The Argument Clinic

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love Prodigy. So intense, he throws up on stage.

    ReplyDelete