Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 29

I think Imade this mix in 2004 and I think it's pretty good though the reggae part of the mix isn't really reggae and the synth portions were all inspired by Grand Theft Auto: Miami

1. United States Of Whatever by Liam Lynch
One of the most stupid and awesome songs ever; it is a joke but at the same time encapsulates what American punk is all about.
2.Harder To Breathe by Maroon 5
Did I ever like this song? Not so sure but I do know that the band says they didn't want to put this song on their album; it apparently wasn't wussy enough.
3. Who Do you Love by George Thorogood & The Delaware Destroyers
Lonesome George took Bo Diddley's signature song and made his own, you can hear it in Sam Adams beer commercials if you're not familiar with the tune.
4. Songbird by Oasis
Post What's The Story Morning Glory isn't all bad.
5. Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones
Whatever
6. Ramones by Motörhead
Lemmy must've really liked the Ramones to cover their theme song
7. California by Wax
A song about Los Angeles sucking: "smog isn't blue, someone should have warned you". This song's video also contributed to one of the Greatest Beavis and Butthead moments of all time
8. Take My Breath Away by Berlin
I don't care; it's a delightfully sweeping good example of 80s synth rock. Though I'd rather think about it's use in the scene from Ocean's 11 than Tom Cruise total gaysploitation film, Top Gun.
9. Time Is Running Out by Muse
Ladies and gentlemen, Muse, 1 part Queen and 1 part Radiohead. I didn't really listen to this song or get it until I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on an L.A. freeway.
10.Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart
Don't mess with the man in Shades, oh no! Corey had bigger hits but his first is still the best.
11.Somebody Told Me by The Killers
I have no idea what this song is about and that's probably why I liked it.
12.Stay Up Late by Talking Heads
It's strange that really don't care for the Talking Heads and yet I like some of their songs
13.Gimme Some More by Busta Rhymes
Anything Bbusta wants, Busta gets.
14.Lapdance by N.E.R.D.
It is agreed that Hookers and Politicians sound the same to me as well
15.Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Gayest band in history? You be the judge
16.Smoke Two Joints by Sublime
Nobody was really shocked that Bradley Nowell OD'd on drugs were they? I suppose if you smoke to joints before you smoke two joints and then you smoke two more you're not going to make too many good life decisions.
17.Underneath It All by No Doubt
Underneath it all this song makes me mushy, maybe it's the Jamaican dance hall break.
18.Get Busy by Sean Paul
Jamaican, Jewish, former water polo player makes it big State side with incomprehensible dance hall big beats.
19.Naughty Girl by Beyoncé
Christian girl from Houston gets freaky
20. Jerk It Out by Caesars
So Sincere in their championing of former Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders' Mia Culpe
21.Why Don't You Find out For Yourself by Morrissey
Crooning his way through a tale about exploitation from his record company?
22.Shattered by Rock City Morgue
A Song about New York City sucking, "Go ahead, take a bight of the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots"
23. Radar Love by Golden Earring
I like to end mixes with big classic rock songs, the fact that their Dutch has nothing to with anything


hi, Lemmy


Hi Tom

if anybody knows how I can get links to songs on this blog, please help as I am totally interweb stunted

1 comment: