Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 30

Number 30! It's pretty main stream and if you listen to music from Jamaica then it's all mainstream. This mix is damn good and if you don't like it well you can go read somebody else's blog about mixes, somebody who knows how to get song samples or the whole song to play when you click on it, a blog with more pictures, a blog that thrills! One thing keeps bugging me though as I look over these tunes, is the song order the best it could be? If you think no, suggest something better, please.
Click on song titles for videos
enjoy!

1. Ballroom Blitz by Sweet
This song is manic glam!
2. Finding Out True Love Is Blind by Louis The XIV
This one is modern glam, I always thought the video should have been a dude pushing a mail cart through an office with all the girls he talks about the other workers. The chorus is sung by the other dudes in the shitty, confining mail room. During the bridge our mail boy will go into fantasy.
3. Are You Gonna' be My Girl by Jet
This song stinks; it's Lust For Life rip off
4. Here She Comes Now by Nirvana
This is a demo and still sounds pretty damn awesome!
5. I'm Still In Love With You by Sean Paul feat. Sasha
Why do I love this song?
6. Stepping Razor by Peter Tosh
Fierce song about being a bad ass. From the film, Rockers which was the other Raggae movie that wasn't The Harder They Come.
7. How I Could Just Kill A Man by Rage Against The Machine
Great cover of Cypress Hill, maybe better than the original.
8. Kids In America by Kim Wilde
This song is so synthtacular the 80s couldn't let it go. In the video Kim was apparently so nervous she looked like she was trying to be seductive. (I read that someplace)
9. Get Ur Freak On by Missy Elliott
Changing the way we talk about sex and a really weird sounding rap song when you get down to it. Very innovative. I believe the video was directed by Hype
10.Still OF The Night by Whitesnake
80s Heavy Metal was rarely more epic; if you don't like this song it's only because you can't handle it.
11.Boyz-N-The-Hood by Dynamite Hack
One of the best covers ever? No, just one of the funniest. The video is perfect.
12.P.I.M.P. by 50 Cent
Steel drums in rap might not be popular but damn does it works here. Not that 50 Cent cares what I say about him but I think this is best track.
13.Mr. Brightside by The Killers
Eric Roberts has seen better days and that unfortunately is what everybody thinks of when this song plays. It was also a sign that band's name, The Killers was a misnomer . . . or ironic . . . or just dumb.
14.I Believe In You by Kylie Minogue
More disco magic from the future. If Kylie Minogue believes in you things can't be all bad.
15.Hysteria by Muse
I swear the guitars in the beginning of this song make me think it's all about to explode and then the drums come in and take care of that.
16.Hey Ya! by Outkast
Was this the best song of year? It has hand claps, sexy/dirty lyrics and a beat that a friend insists is hooked into girl's heads.
17.Touch Me I'm Sick by Mudhoney
Named after A Russ Meyer movie, this was Seattle in 1988, this was grunge before it got labeled as such, this is the genesis of Citizen Dick.
18.Isrealites by Desmond Dekker
I first heard this song in the movie, Drugstore Cowboy so it's what I think about when this song plays . . . wow, two Matt Dillon references in a row, WTF!
19.Jealous Guy by Roxy Music
For about two months in 2004 I listened to this song everyday, don't know why
20.Beautiful Girls by Van Halen
Nothing says summer like van Halen from the 70s!

1 comment:

  1. kim wilde is an aussie singing 'about kids in america? strange....
    plumpy spiders loves reggae. you knew that.

    ReplyDelete