Thursday, November 3, 2011

Weekly Mix #85

Made in the heart of 2011 I got pretty current with the songs on here, maybe too much emphases on the modern rock and not enough classic stuff but whatever it's good stuff.
Now try this, you can listen to the mix from here



1. Planetary (GO!) by My Chemical Romance
More music that apparently only me andn13 year old goth chicks like!
2. Abducted by The Cults
This is what college kids listen to, or so I hear. I like this one better than Go Outside.
3. Ages of you by R.E.M.
Good time 80's college music or indie music or alternative music or whatever, here we go!
4. Left OF The Dial by The Replacements
REM's Minnesota counterparts in critical darlinghood. This song is all about bands who weren't main stream
5. Nodding Off by Wavves (feat. Best Coast)
"I wanna' meet Dave Grohl, I wanna be Dave Grohl" Yeah well who the hell doesn't! Guess what band's next!
6. I'll Stick Around by Foo Fighters
You believe they've been around for sixteen years? This is off their first album
7. Wild Boys by Duran Duran
When this song I liked it because of the driving beat and and the sliding/whiny vocals; it was why a good friend of mine hated the song. The video is . . . well you be the judge.



8. Dance With Somebody by Mando Diao
This is not the Whitney Houston  song about being tired of one night stands this is Swedish awesome music that shares that Duran Duran spirit I think.
9. Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood
I had no idea they were gay, all the girls in the video seemed to love so much!


10.Lazy Bones by Wooden Ships
I don't know if this song rocks or it's just silly
11.Endless Blue by The Horrors
This is from their newest album. Why do they get more and more ethereal and weird, what happened to their creepy nervous angst and rocking spirit?
12.Summer of '89 by Butch Walker and The Black Widows
This song is actually pretty dumb but it's funny and feel good rock so it gets on the mix. Also because I quite enjoyed 1989.
13. Hey Ladies by the Beastie Boys
Yup, from 1989's masterpiece, Paul's Boutique. Okay, I don't know if that's a step too far but the album m did shake asses and get sampling into the next level.
14.No Church in the Wild by Kanye West and Jay-Z
A good beat goes a long way, y'all! I really like some of the songs on Watch The Throne. I don't think it's my favorite album of the year but it's definitely in the top 5! "Your Love is my scripture" That's some cool ass lyrics.
15.Apple Blossom by The White Stripes
On the other side of things this is just a man and his guitar.
16.Maggie M'Gill by The Doors
I used to not care for this sing, thought it was dumb but now I enjoy the bluesiness of it and like to get it on just like the people Tangie Town.

17.Irresistible Forse by Jane's Addiction
Welcome back boys, welcome back with a song that's not great but enjoyable on some level of unoffensive.
18.Olé by Pearl Jam
I like when old bands can keep their energy up. This is a new 2011 song by the old boys that I find quite cool.
19.Silver by Nirvana
I don't know if you can have one without the other. Peral Jam without Nirvana is like The Beatles without the Stones, sort of.

20.Mama, I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne
and you can't have grunge without metal. This is a great, big stupid sing along that Lemmy of Motothead wrote.

2 comments: