Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekly Mix #70

So . . . This is a nice little mix that goes to various places and genres and decades which is good, right?


1. Kick by INXS
As time goes by INXS just seems to get better and that's really weird. I mean I thought they were a very good band when I was 15 but by the time I was 25 I thought they were lame.
2. Mow by Miss Crazy
Some bands are founded on being Mötley Crüe and in this case it's alright, mama!
3. 99 Problems by Jay-Z
Just let the man rap; it that good even though this is really It Was a Good Day with anger.
4. Round and Round by Ratt
More people love this song than I can agree with. people say it's more than an 80s metal tune but I disagree.
5. Broken Glass by Buckcherry
Rocking out like this doesn't really happen too much in these days.
6. Resistance by Muse
Huge album for this band; it's really all bloated from this point forward . . . that and child support
7. Hollywood by Codeine Velvet Club
Jon Lawler from Fratelis is in this 60s tribute band. Very inspired show music!
8. One Thousand Tears of a Tarantula by Dengue Fever
I thought Dengue Fever was a play on Saturday Night Fever but it's a real and bad thing. These guys are also a heavily 60s inspired group but more psychedelic.
9. Sunshine Superman by Donavan
This is the real deal for 1960s music. If I'm correct Donavan isn't allowed in the US still.
10.My Generation by The Who
More real rock from the 60s! I hated this band and song for years but I came around.
11.(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) by Hotrats
Covers should all be as innovative as this
12.Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
Mysterious and nebulous
13.Modern Man by The Watson Twins
One of my three favorite songs from 2010
14.Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes
When this song hit people thought it was Rod Stewart, now people have no clue.


Pure 80s video gold!

 
15.Sugarbaby by Morningwood
Rock from New York! An anti hipster anthem.
16.I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen
This si one of those songs that I can listen to about a million time in a row; it connects on a deep level. I'm shocked I don't hear it in lonesome bars more
17.My Little Problem by The Replacements
Johnette Napolitano from Concrete Blonde lends her pipes to this duet with Paul Westerburg; it crude but cool.
18.Latest Heartbreak by 22-20s
A band I know nothing about.
19.Skinny Little Bitch by Hole
Bloated Insane Addict
20.Johnny Kick A Hole In The Sky by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Their tribute to their late, first guitarist Hilel Slovak. For some reason this song gets harder and harder for me to listen too as years go by. Something about it is a tough pill.

1 comment: