Friday, October 1, 2010

Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame 2011

So the nominees for 2011's class of Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame have been released. Here they are along with by totally biased thoughts:


Alice Cooper: YES. The man is originator who only has to thank Screamin' Jay Hawkin's for his career. Without Alice Cooper there's no Kiss or Marylin Manson.

Beastie Boys: I suppose, when they started I hated them and then after a couple albums I liked them but now I am annoyed by them

Bon Jovi: NO. Besides  one or two tracks this band stinks and has no redeeming value

Chic: NO. I can only think of one song by them

Neil Diamond: NO, Mr. Diamond is not Rock but is quite a man of his own.

Donovan: Yes, Sunshine Superman has stood the test of time and Atlantis was used in Goodfella's

Dr. John: NO, He's been around forever but I'm not sold on his credits.

J. Geils Band: NO, I'm a Boston boy but I can't equate, Love Stinks and Centerfold into enshrinement

LL Cool J: YES, LL is the archetype of his generation of rap and his career spanned a couple decades

Darlene Love: NO, who is this?

Laura Nyro: NO, who is this?

Donna Summer: Yes, she is a disco diva who worked hard for the money! Last year I said no but I am flip flopping



Joe Tex: NO, who is this?

Tom Waits: YES! Tom Waits has been around forever and releases interesting albums that are all part of his world. His voice is like no other and his songs are typically interesting.



Chuck Willis: NO, and that's all I have to say about that

1 comment: