Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 3

Here is number three! I think this is one of my favorites, please enjoy safely.


1. Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe by Whale
I think this is one of the stranger songs from Sweden to reach our fair American shores. I don't know if it's really about sex with the homeless but if it is it might be the craziest song of the era (early 90s)
2. Thunder Kiss '65 (Swinging Lovers Mix) by White Zombie
Before Rob Zombie did movies he was in this awesome band. Full of old horror movie references and clips they were a unique band. Originally this song was all guitar but KMFDM got their German hands on it and turned it into a danceable club hit.



3. The New Pollution by Beck
This was my favorite song off the Odelay album.


 
4. Cowboy by Kid Rock
This song makes me feel like a rock n' roll frat boy which isn't something I ever aspired to be but I kinda' like it. 
5. Last train To Clarksville by The Monkees
Say what you will about this prefab band, they had real good songs
6. Karma Police by Radiohead
Karma Police, arrest this man! This is what you get when you mess with us. I don't belong to the cult of Radiohead but I do enjoy some of their tunes. This is my favorite video of theirs.


 
7. She's Not There by The Cruel Sea
This cover is from a soundtrack in the 90s, can you name it?
8. Panic In Detroit by David Bowie
Once this was my favorite Bowie Song but now it is someplace in the middle
9. Still In Hollywood by Concrete Blonde
They were a band that sort of rocked for alternative music at the time but then they got weak, this song rocks and is another I hate L.A. songs



10.Panic by The Smiths
Burn down the disco! It's a sing along. If you don't like the Smiths then there's something lame about you.
11.Live forever by Oasis
Once you get past all the blah blah blah of the band you have really great music.
12.Battle Flag by Lo-Fidelity Allstars
This was a dance hit but not much else.
13.Peek-A-Boo by Siouxsie & The Banshees
This was a dance hit but much, much, much more. It's not there best song but it does get you to boogie.
14.What Do I Get by The Buzzcocks
This song was always good but then it got stuck in a car commercial and got heard more than it ever had before.
15.2 Kindsa Love by The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
 The Blues Explosion was never as awesome as this song. They should have been a monster rock band like what the White Stripes became but couldn't do it.
16.Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers
The third part of the trilogy, can you name the other two songs?
17.Jumping Someone Else's Train by The Cure
The Cure were not always what they became. Their songs weren't always about being the hurt lover.
18.It's Not Unusual (Ivo's Version) by Belly
Yeah, the Tom Jones' song covered and then remixed. I was a big fan of Belly but then they got uninspired.
19.L.A. Woman by The Doors
Great song! Epic and mysterious. Jim Morrison was an original and has been copied ever since. 

2 comments:

  1. #1, 2, 7, 14, and 18 :: I've never heard of. maybe i did on your ipod?

    ReplyDelete