Thursday, February 3, 2011

Weekly Mix tap 49

Let's here it for 2006! I recall it being a darn good year for some thijngs and crumby year for other things. This mix was birthed that year but there are only a few songs that represent it.

1. I Only Want You by Eagles of Death Metal
The almost rocked but there was something a little too silly about them.
2. Yankee Rose by David Lee Roth
This was it for Diamond Dave, after this song he went flaccid.
3. Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
This one goes out to all you freaks! One of my favorite show tunes.
4. Rock n' Roll by The Sounds
Scandinavian pop rock
5. Da Ya Think I' Sexy? by Rod Stewart
See even Rod, "the bod" was self conscious
6. My Humps by Black Eyed Peas
Little children sang this song; that's how huge it was! So wrong . . .
7. If You Could Read My Mind by Gorden Lightfoot
This song reminds me of introspective moments with dude friends
8. I Put A Spell On You by Creedence Clearwater Revival
This is my favorite version of this song
9. Stir It Up by Bob Marley & The Wailers
I have nothing to say about ragae
10.Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson
Yup, this one's from Midnight Cowboy
11.I Get Along by The Libertines
I think this qualifies as a little ditty
12.Y Control by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
chicks love this song
13.I Still Want you by the Del Feugos
Troubled hearts by the Boston Harbor
14.Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved me by Grant Lee Phillips
So sad and it goes well after another sad song. GLF covered the Smiths in a more personal tone here.
15.Rain On The Scarecrow by John Mellencamp
Give it up for Farm Aid
16.Painkiller by Judas Priest
A rocker about a motorcycle!
17.Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden
If you know one iron Maiden song this is probably it. the English really sick it to the American settlers in this one. Let's welcome them to my world of mixes!
18.Assassin by Muse
Really channeling Queen in this one
19. All Apologies by Nirvana
What else can I say?

2 comments:

  1. you know who has a lot to say about regae? 2 regulars and the mini plump!!!

    ReplyDelete