Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 14

That's right I'm putting forth a bonus mix because these Mixes seem week and uninspired. Maybe I'm wrong and I just can't recall why the mix was so awesome at the time. I think the real issue with this mix is the lack of current music on it for the time I made it; it sounds more like a weird rehash without any real cohesion. The songs aren't bad but . . . I don't know, I've done better. I think I hit a low point in my consumption of music and was getting into songs looked over from before. These mixes may stay this way for a while but we shall see . . . There will be another Mix on Thursday! I dunno the songs are good but the flow . . . she is weird.

1. American Woman by The Guess Who
The original is the best, none of this weird Lenny Kravitz funny business
2. Mama Kin by Guns N' Roses
This cover is actually better than the original Aerosmith version; I'm confused why I didn't put this before "Dream On"
3. Song 2 by Blur
Woo-Hoo!
4. Fuzzy by Grant Lee Buffalo
It's all so fuzzy now, this song always reminds me of hangovers
5. Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles
Look at all the lonely people, should have been followed by "The Beautiful People"
6. What I got by by Sublime
This is where we enter the California lazy section of the mix
7. Fly by Sugar Ray
This is where we exit the California lazy section of the mix
8. Electricity by Spiritualized
Critics loved Spiritualized, I hought they sounded good
9. Pizza Cutter by Letters To Cleo
Here's your Boston element
10.Get off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones
Groovy song by the Stones
11.Lithium by Nirvana
I recall the most normal people loving this song
12.Rollin' by Limp Bizkit
Hate it!
13.Disposable Teens by Marilyn Manson
This was Marilyn's follow up to the Dope Show
14.The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve
This song makes me sad
15.Nobody Weird Like Me by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Before they were the biggest band n the land they were weird
16.Girl, You''ll Be a Woman Soon by urge Overkill
Urge Overkill . . . Was this a real band?
17.That's Entertainment by The Jam
Yes it is
18.Goldfinger by Ash
Underrated song
19.Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Billy Corgan almost killed himself instead of writing this song, would anybody have remembered who he was if he had?
20.Dream On by Aerosmith
Still haunting after all these years

3 comments:

  1. S. Tyler sounded very different in the Dream On song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drugs don't work makes me sad too.

    ReplyDelete