Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 11

This weeks mix has got some sweeping songs, some anthem caliber songs if you will. This mix has the capacity to be the greatest mix ever buut it's not; it's sort of like the Yankees of mix tapes every song is an all star (a side from Post Card Blues, Free and Veda Very Shining). I would say some of these songs shouldn't be together on a mix because they are so powerful they could destroy one another. Lets examine and enjoy shall we?




1. I Love Rock N' Roll by Joan Jett
Ladies and gentlemen, Joan Jett in all her early 80s awesomeness, fresh from the Runaway's crash site Joan rocked and set the style for hipster chicks in the early 21st century.
2. Veda very Shining by Letters To Cleo
Once Letters To Cleo was one of my favorite bands and a group I thought to be vastly underrated; I never listen to them anymore.
3. Home by Iggy Pop
Slash and Duff make this song rock the balls!
4. Monkey Man by The Rolling Stones
What can I say this song just gets better and better..
5. Add It Up by Violent Femmes
"Why can't I get just one kiss?" because you are a whiny twerp!
6. 50ft. Queenie by PJ Harvey
PJ's best song.
7. The Look Of Love by ABC
ABC made me want to wear a suit and be a playboy; I was 9 years old
8. Don't Speak by No Doubt
Even Hard Criminals loved this weepy song. I liked the Spanish guitar
9. Blue Spanish Sky by Chris Isaak
Mr. Isaak has made his sadness lethal; this song made me want to shoot myself in sympathy.
10. Burro by Beck
Continuing my pseudo Spanish/Mexican them, Beck does a Spanish version of his song "Jack Ass"
11.Ring Of Fire by Johnny Cash
More south of the border sounds
12.Free by Mazzy Star
Loved Mazzy Star in the Early 90s before the "Fade Into You" song hit.
13.Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
This may be STP's best song and may be one of the best songs of the 90s
14.Jupiter and Teardrop by Grant Lee Buffalo
Just Listen to the Story
15.Baba O'Riley by The Who
Teenage wasteland
16.Hell by Sqirrel Nut Zippers
I wouldn't doubt if this song was played in hell; it seems to know more than the living should
17.Celebrate by U2
U2 doesn't really have the energy to make songs rock this anymore but that's okay. 
18.Postcard Blues by Cowboy Junkies
Haunting, sensual with notes of heroin abuse; it's a nice musical salad.
19.Jurassitol by Filter
I'm not a big fan of this post industrial band but I do dig this one off the The Crow: City of Angels soundtrack
20.Paradise City by Guns N' Roses
So, so good!

2 comments: