Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dead Literature


J.D. Salinger is dead. (1/1/1919 -1/28/2010)
So I am one of the few people that managed to never read "The Catcher in the Rye". I transferred out of the class in High School that had it on the curriculum, I didn't accept it from the person who insisted I read it and I never even got curious about it. I do understand that the book however touched a billion people and made losers feel cool and created a whole subculture. I understand the notoriety drove Mr. Salinger underground for most of his life and that was before paparazzi and media is what it is now.
Should I write about something I don't know? Why not, all the big shots at the crumby corporate news sites do and they are all totally phony.

1 comment:

  1. i read it in 6th grade. i can't even recall if i liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete