Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Top 50 Scariest Movies

The Boston Globe put this list out recently about the their picks for the top fifty scariest movies of all time. Because you care what I think here's my reactions

#50 Arachnophobia
I can't imagine this is scary but just creepy things in my pants

#49 The Innocents
Didn't see it

#48 Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
I heard this movie sucked eggs and I thought the first one wasn't bad at all

#47 Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
I understand the kid fears aspect of this entry but it should be omited

#46 The Wicker Man
Didn't see it

#45 The Blob
I could see this one at #50

#44 Rosemary's Baby
Yes, this movie was chilling

#43 The Brood
I didn't see it

#42 Event Horizon
Black Holes never got me to a theater

#41 Dawn of the Dead (2004
Scary . . . suspenseful is more like it, also a good vain of humor

#40 Eraser Head
So disturbing I'm still wacked out

#39 Amityville Horror
I never saw it

#38 Pet Cemetery
I don't believe it was scary

#37 Open Water
Who cares

#36 Nightmare on Elm Street
Classic 80s horror and a young Johnny Depp!

#35 The Fly (1986)
too gross, maggot babies are nasty

#34 Salem's Lot
When I saw this as a kid it scared me silly

#33 Gates of Hell
Never heard of it

#32 Session 9
Who Knew

#31 In The Mouth of Madness
I can only send kudos to the person who added this movie

#30 Altered States
Never saw it

#29 Mothman Prophesies
"Chappistick"

#28 The Mist
I never saw it

#27 Videodrome
Freaky shit I never saw

#26 Seven
Sort of, I guess

#25 War of the Worlds
NOT!
#24 Saw
The first of the franchise wasn't bad but Cary Elwes sounds like he's taking a dump the whole time

#23 Tale of Two Sisters (Korean
Didn't see it

#22 Silence of the Lambs
Very gripping

#21 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
This movie is responsible for everything after it
#20 Hellraiser
Somehow this one missed me

#19 The Changeling
Did not see it

#18 28 Days Later
Zombies on Crack!Great idea

#17 Jesus Camp
If this is on here it opens a whole new can of worms

#16 Jacob's Ladder
More startling than scary, introduced dudes with insanely fast shaking heads

#15 Jaws
Scared everybody

#14 The Exorcist
Another classic

#13 Quartermass and the Pit
Wow! I recall wayching this movie on Creature Double Feature on the TV as a little boy

#12 Cloverfield
Didn't care to see it

#11 The Shining
Kubric is a weirdo

#10 Audition
OH man did this movie scare some sense into me

#9 Halloween
Here it is

#8 Evil Dead II
It's violent and funny and violent and has an awesome soundtrack

#7 Dawn of the Dead (1978)
An innovator

#6 Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
I recall all my friends who saw this were scared stiff

#5 Alien
I like Aliens more

#4 The Ring
this was a chilling movie with a great twist

#3 Rec (Spanish)
Didn't see it

#2 Ju-On (Japanese)
didn't see it

#1 The Thing
I was told this movie was intense

1 comment: