Monday, October 12, 2009

Baseball Playoffs part 2

OK so my prediction of a Yankees sweep of the Rockies in the World Series will not come to pass thanks to Houston Street's ineffective outing but that's not a bad thing. We actually get the best of the best in the this years League Championship series; it's like something out of the 80's! The Phillies vs The Dodgers in the NL and the Yankees vs. The Angels in the AL both sound like classic match ups, no Marlins, no Rays, no Rockies, no Diamond Backs no 70s expansions and most interestingly, no Wild Card Team. When was the last time this happened in both leagues? Never!
Don't get me wrong I'm not anti Wild Card or expansion but I like to see these match ups. I suppose we could argue and say tht the Angels have no business being counted as non expansion but they're older than I am and I guess you could fuss about the Dodgers not counting because they moved to California but that just makes you very old ans stuck in the mud. Some people won't be happy until it's Cincinnati battling Pittsburgh for the championship because the American League is inferior and younger full of DHs and those long haired Oakland Athletics.

So where do we stand?

The Yankees are still going to the World Series because they are mighty with the stick and like I said before; their pitching is enough. The Angels will win a couple games but I don't think they can keep up. But who knows, maybe the Yanks can't beat the rally Monkey in the post season.

The National League has a rematch of last year's match up and I think he Phillies will out match the Blue boys with much hitting and quality pitching. Of course the Dodgers were so relaxed verse the Cardinals maybe they'll stay loose and waltz right into the World Series. I hope Pedro Martinez gets his start this go around and faces Manny Ramirez.

So as long as it's not an all Southern California match up it should be a good championship.

Play Ball!

1 comment:

  1. i agree and MY predictions are right on so far!!

    ReplyDelete