Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 21

This baby is a nice collection of hits with a bit of obscure tunes thrown in for my own sanity. There are a couple of bad ass covers by U2 and G N' R!
Go listen and enjoy!

1. La Grange by ZZ Top
A Song about a whore house . . . nice but why is it such a good driving song?
2. To Be A Lover by Billy Idol
Another good driving song. This was the last remnant of Billy Idol being cool and maybe even this as too late.
3. Padrino by Smash Mouth
Just like they say, "A funny song about the mob" Shout out to San Jose!
4. I Put A Spell On You by Marilyn Manson
This version is better than CCR's but is not as weird as Screamin' J's original; it's from The Lost Highway soundtrack
5. Night And Day by U2
Great Cole Porter cover, Red Hot & Blue is a real good album to pick up if you haven't got it in your collection.
6. Knock-Down Drag-Out by Weezer
A nice little ditty about relationships or something
7. I Did It by The Dave Matthews Band
The only Dave Matthews song I have in my collection, the only song that doesn't make me immediately reach to change it.
8. Emotional Rescue by The Rolling Stones
Even the Stones went Disco; it's like U2's "Discotheque" in the realm of rock bands trying to get danceable but much more ridiculous . . . or is it?
9. Bootylicious by Destiny's Child
There's no doubt about it!
10.Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
The Best Lenny Song? It just might be; I remember the first time I ever heard this song I was in my kitchen eating breakfast on a cold morning and it perked me up more than the coffee I had.
11.Hair Of The Dog by Guns N' Roses
Another fantastic rock cover that I like more than the original. Sorry Nazareth.
12.Found Out About You by The Gin Blossoms
Their only good song, don't believe me? You're a wuss!
13.I Alone by Live
Their only good song, don't believe me? You suck!
14.Mask by Iggy Pop
Iggy has been better but this song makes me laugh
15.Animal by Pearl jam
Sometimes I agree with Mr. Veder's sentiments
16.Wild Child by The Doors
I love the intro to this song though I originally didn't care much for this tune it has grown on my tons.
17.Alex Chilton by The Replacements
This song is cool but Alex Chilton's music is apparently only cool if you're a music critic or a record store snob.
18.Money (That's What I Want) by Backbeat Band
It kinda' rocks
19.Do You Really Want To Hurt Me by Culture Club
The video has minstrels in it, what the hell were they thinking?
20.Get 'em On The Roopes by Brian Setzer
He keeps on doing his thing and it's not bad

1 comment:

  1. i'm a pretty big fan of gin blossoms and i like most of their songs. does this make me a wuss? ok...

    ReplyDelete