Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weekly Mix # 56

Am I clever? No. But I did manage to put Me, Mr. & Mrs. Jones all in the same mix; it's trouble especially because "me" in this case is two different people, A skinny junky girl from England and a middle aged black man from Philadelphia. Both got great pipes and got soul but I think that's it. This was good mix for 2007, not the best but good. Several good 00s bands represent for the a multiple time like Interpol, White Stripes and Clinic while Tim Armstrong makes his first appearance as a solo artist.
Enjoy if you can!


1. Me & Mr. Jones by Amy Winehouse
"What kind of fuckery is this?" Only Amy will know
2. She Builds Quick Machines by Velvet Revolver
This is from the sophomore effort of the supergroup of the decade; it wasn't very good but this tune is okay.
3. Sheena Is a Parasite by The Horrors
I heard this song and I was changed! This is one of 2007's best rock songs and somewhat of a reply to the Ramones' Sheena is a Punk Rocker


4.Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
Do you remember this song from 1990? I did too and I listened to this number for about a week straight when I was making this mix.
5. The Heinrich Maneuver by Interpol
They want to know how things are on the west coast and I guess they're pretty good.
6. In The jailhouse Now by The Soggy Bottom Boys
Not a real band but an awesome band from a great movie, O Brother Where art Thou?
7. Conquest by The White Stripes
This is some cover or other
8. The Ghost of You Lingers by Spoon
I'm not a fan of Spoon but this song I like
9. If You Could Read your Mind by Clinic
Sounds like spy rock
10.Crying by Roy Orbison
So sad, so very, very sad. Roy had one of the best voices
11.Your Cheatin' Heart by Hank Williams
Hank was a conflicted man and spawned two generations of music I don't care too much for.
12.Texas Radio & The Big Beat
This poem has nothing to do with dance music
13.This Is How It Feels by Inspiral Carpets
Art School kids loved this band back in the early 90s, You may know their bigger and more danceable hit, Commercial Rain
14.Abra Cadaver by The Hives
Abrasive, loud and weird: The Hives are Rock n' roll!
15.Smile by Lily Allen
She's a mean little Brit chick
16.She's So Cold by The Rolling Stones
Sometimes I just like the Stones and sometimes one relationship shot deserves another
17.Kiss, Kiss by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Dark and Moody!
18.Friends by Led Zeppelin
Off the Led Zeppelin III album which is sort of a mess in it's cohesion
19.God Smack by Alice In Chains
Still crazy sounding after all these years
20.Just by Mark Ronson feat. Phantom Planet
This is a Radiohead cover and I think I might like it better than the original.
21.Take This City by Tim Armstrong
Front man of Rancid, Tim has put out some cool shit since.
22.Really Rich Italian Satanists by Dirty Sanchez
This song blows my mind in ways I'm never going to discuss openly
23.Me and Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul
Somber and sweet but definitely not a healthy relationship song. Bill Cosby loved this song

2 comments: