Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekly Mix Tape Pt 42

Sometimes I look at Mixes and I wonder what and why and if but then I realize I juts like music and I have a part of me that needs to organize things I like. Listen and enjoy.


1. When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin
This was added just to pay tribute to Hurricane Katrina, the real body of the mix starts after this
2. You May Be Right by Billy Joel
Back in the late 70s and very early 80s Billy Joel was cool and even then he was getting into accidents involving motorized transportation.
3. Do You Want To by Franz Ferdinand
The first single from their second album was very well received by me. I know they were involved in some shady record label payola scams but that's entertainment.
4. Mr. Brownstone by Guns N' Roses 
Yea, this song is about drugs. If you didn't know that, you don't know Diddly
5. Roadhouse Blues by The Doors
One of my all time Karaoke favorites
6. Little Ghost by The White Stripes
What can I say; it's a cheery little ditty.
7. Wax Ecstatic (To Sell Angelina) by Sponge
This is what happens when a band tries to sound like a band who sounds like another band.
8. Diamonds from Sierra Leone by Kanye West featuring Jay-Z
Years before he was called a jackass by Obama
9. Reason Is treason by Kasabian
I can't recall why I forced myself to listen to this band
10.Taste The Pain by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Definitely one of their best songs 
11.Helena by My Chemical Romance
Gothic pop never made so much money, Siouxi Sioux and Peter Murphy send their regards
12.Give In by The Bravery
Boring single that is on this mix because I felt like using another moody band after My Chemical Romance
13.What's My Name by Snoop Doggy Dogg
Before he dropped the "Doggy" and back when he was supposed be a gangster.
14.Pon de Replay by Rihanna
I assumed she was going to be a one hit wonder, most Caribbean acts are, right?
15.Watching The Detectives by Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Kinda' reggae but mostly clever and British
16.Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant
He had a career in the UK before this song was plugged in her in the US; he was already 35 when this tune broke in 1983. Kinda Caribbean but mostly British wit.
17.C'mer by Interpol
New York's finest
18.Wake Up by Arcade Fire
These guys write epic songs
19.Valerie Loves Me by Material Issue
Power pop from Chicago! Their singer Jim Ellison committed suicide in1996.
20.Dirty Water by Dropkick Murphys
The best song about Boston finally covered by a Boston band. Some hip hop guy should have wrote a New Orleans rap and sampled the original.

1 comment:

  1. regarding mr. brownstone...i guess i don't know diddy

    ReplyDelete