Friday, May 22, 2009

Stupid memories



So it’s prom time again and this makes me think in weird nostalgic embarrassment about my own senior of high school year gala. I wore maybe the most ludicrous outfit worn to the event consisting of a white button down shirt with a bolo tie, a tuxedo jacket with tails, charcoal dress pants and some saddle shoes. My hair for some teenaged reason was in braids, a bunch of them bearing red and black beads and silver clasps for some pizzazz! My date, a blond with a pair of beautiful blue eyes and healthy bosom both of which I spent hours staring into like puppy wore a simple black dress; I was more done up than she was. In my hyper fantastical mind she would have been braided up as well as rearing the nose ring she got at a later date. I’m not telling the year of this but at the time it would have been the coolest thing ever. The prom it’s self was held in a hotel with glass elevators which I spent much of my time riding up and down in, trying to make time with my date/girlfriend who was suddenly shy like she had to behave for my school mates. There was a salty meal from the hotels banquets and there was a DJ and dance floor both of which I glared at in hatred and fear . . . not really. Anyway it seemed like everybody was having a good time, nobody was noticeably drunk, nobody was fighting, everyone more or less seemed like they were there just because they had to be . . . but not in an ironic way the kids today do. In the end I had a little fun and some memories. A friend of mine who works in a hotel told me that they were going to be hosting a prom for several hundred kids where there would be three chaperones, five police officers, a breathalyzer testing station and a metal detector. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment